Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lazy Sunday

I like the new link I added up here. Sundays are sacred. Sunday Fundays should be a weekly holiday! I feel bad for anyone who has to work on a Sunday, it really has become my day of rest. I work in the service industry, and I have never liked working Sundays...I'm more jealous of people that get to sit around a table with their best friends, drinking bloody marys and margaritas, wasting the day away, than us folks that slave away on our precious Friday and Saturday nights. I have chosen to work weekend nights-just to have my Sundays off! Who agrees?

Speaking of, I haven't had more than a handful of Friday and/or Saturday nights off in over 5 years. I love my job, I get to work the lucrative shifts...but I have learned not to miss my weekends. Sunday has become my new Friday night. I love it. And the $$ is on weekends!

I bartend at a comedy club. I work 3 days a week, and contribute to my share of bills/entertainment/ect with my boyfriend. We live in a nice rented house in a town that is right inbetween both of our jobs. On Wednesday nights I work in Dallas, from 6:45pm to about 2:00am. Friday and Saturdays I work from 6:00pm to about 3:30am (give or take). Sundays I am lazy! I get to rest from my fast paced shifts the nights before, eat a lazy long lunch, and spend time with my boyfriend and baby dog Jack. (Jack is a whole other post....which I will post soon!) Today I met my boyfriend in Uptown Dallas. We went to see Win Win at the Magnolia, and had "Linner" or "Dunch" at the Rusty Taco. I went back to his bar, the Ginger Man and had a beverage before driving home to spend the evening with my dog. This is my perfect Sunday! I tweeted my Sunday quote to him, saying he really should tell that to his boss! (Who NEVER works a Sunday! I guess I wouldn't either if I got to write everyones schedule.)

Wouldn't You?

No comments:

Post a Comment